ALTER – Active Local Territories for Economic development of Rural Areas
Project name: ALTER – Active Local Territories for Economic development of Rural Areas
Duration: 17.12.2015 – 17.04.2019
Donor: European Commission
Budget: Total estimated budget- EUR 1,168,634;
EU financing – EUR 1,051,674
Implementing Organization: Network for Rural Development of Serbia
• Institute for Democracy and Mediation, Albania
• Rural Development Network in Bosnia and Herzegovina (MRRBiH)
• Network of organizations for rural development of Kosovo (NORDK)
• Rural Development Network of the Republic of Macedonia (RDN of RM)
• Network for Rural Development of Montenegro ( MRRCG)
• Development Foundation of Turkey
• Croatian Rural Development Network (HMRR)
• Latvian Rural Forum
1) To strengthen the capacity of CSOs and CSO networks which contribute to sustainable socio-economic development of rural areas in the Western Balkans and Turkey to participate actively in policy planning and implementation; to build a strong civil society in rural areas; and to enhance regional development through networking and cooperation.
2) To build partnership of CSOs and CSO networks with public institutions and their involvement in decision making and governance processes, for the well-being of rural communities in those countries.
Project target groups are: 220 national, regional and local CSOs (both within and outside the partner networks); regional agencies, sub-regional partnerships and LEADER-type groups; associations representing farmers, rural entrepreneurs and cooperatives; 90 Grass-root organisations; local authorities; Government ministries and agencies; EU network PREPARE Partnership for Rural Europe; 7 national networks and Balkan RD Network (BRDN).